Oh How Fancy!


 Okay, let's get real. Most of us are not often asked to dine somewhere requiring close toed shoes let alone a tux. Still, we may have had the opportunity to do something fancy. What was it? Did you have a fabulous meal or tea with pinkies out? I have been fortunate enough to try some very nice restaurants but when I think of fancy, I remember my mother's tuna fish crepes. She would often make a considerably more elaborate spinach and cheese crepe for guests. On these occasions, she would also make a tuna version for the kids to eat before everyone arrived. They were the absolute best. To my six year-old palate, there was nothing more flavorful or sophisticated. Just remembering them makes my mouth water and no seven course meal will ever compete with the delight of those creamy crepes. Do you have any treats like that someone made for you? What truly makes something special? Give some thought to the fancy experiences in your life and make a journal post today. You may find that it was the people you shared it with that made it most memorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back