Fall is the time of year when I turn to cozy activities. As the sun sets earlier and earlier, I enjoy spending the evening making a meal, reading a book or watching a movie with my family. In fact, movie nights are one of my favorite ways to create an easy and inexpensive way to have some fun.  The internet is full of ideas to help with your planning. Any quick search will bring up food pairings of all sorts to accompany a large vary of family friendly films. Yet there are, suprisingly, much fewer suggestions for films enjoyed by mainly adults. This gives us a great opportunity to create some of our own couplings in our journal. Imagine watching Dracula while feasting on a rare roast beef with garlic buttered potatoes and a lovely red wine. Consider making gyros or having lamb and viewing My Big Fat Greek Wedding or one of its sequels. Include some Ouzo if you like. As the season moves forward, don't forget to pick up supplies for sugar cookies and hot cocoa. Hallmark Christmas movies will be here before you know it.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back