Every Year

    I love the holiday season. Everything just overflows with merriment and good cheer. However, it is also a very stressful time for many, many reasons which I won't even go into here. I will express my dismay at the sheer amount of things we are expected to do in a few short weeks. The older I get, the less energy I have to bake cookies, participate in a Secret Santa, buy presents, attend special events, spend time with friends and family, do something nice for a neighbor... I am tired and I bet a lot of you are too. This week was my annual holiday panic. As soon as Thanksgiving ends, I start thinking about Christmas and immediately feel overwhelmed. As a way to take a minute to regroup (and poke a little fun at myself), I drew a comedic self portrait in my journal. Give it a try. It might give you a little laugh.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back