Blowing a Little Steam


 This blog of the inconsequential strives to focus on the little positives of every day life. Lately, I'm not feeling it. I have too much on my plate right now. Yes, much of it is my own fault. But, not all. Like many of you, I carry the pressure of making the holidays for my family. It's the one thing that I actually want to do. Time is fleeting and nothing is getting done. I've decided rather than deny my grinchy demeanor, I will devote a journal page to releasing some of those negative thoughts. Maybe by putting them on paper, I can let some of it go and get back to a more cheerful frame of mind. Who's with me?? I am filling my page with quotes that do not celebrate the holidays but rather encompass the frustrations, irritations and, at times, even dread. Don't hold back and have a little fun.

Some of my favorites...

"The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it." - Frank Costanza

"I don't know what to say, but it's Christmas and we're all in misery." - Ellen Griswold

"Whatever the reason, his heart of his shoes, he stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Whos."  - Narrator (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

"Christmas Day is almost here, when it's over then I cheer, I'm glad it's only once a year, I hate Christmas." - Oscar the Grouch


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back