Low Budget Thoughts

 I was inspired recently when I saw a video on social media encouraging viewers to "shop their house". A person transformed two spaces in her kitchen by simply rearranging knick-knacks. Now I am sure some of you are having thoughts. I did too. She has so much extra counter space that she has areas just for knick-knacks?? Must be nice. But, I have no idea what this person is going through in life and, if we put those judgy opinions aside, this is actually a really good idea. Imagine, for instance, decorating your table for a Fourth of July picnic with stuff you already have. Sure the stores are currently stock full of adorable picnicware preparing for a summer of patriotic events. But do we truly need it? I looked in my cupboard and found little red, white and blue plastic cups in my kid's assortment of drinkware. They could make a cute center piece. I have left over red paper napkins from Valentine's Day that might help my usual plates appear a bit more festive. Will it be posh? No, not in the least. But it will be fun and cheerful which is all I really desire. You might like to try this too. Open up your journal and create a list of events coming up in the next few months then start brainstorming. Write out all your ideas and feel proud of yourself. You're doing your wallet and the planet a favor.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back