Turning Back to the Night Sky

 


With the northern hemisphere's fall equinox approaching, now is a great time to start gazing at the night sky again. I always enjoy taking a moment to look for a constellation or note the phase of the moon. It often helps me feel more centered. The lack of distraction is a welcome relief from the constant drumming of modern life and I can refocus myself on the now. I encourage you to spend some time watching the sky this month too and record all the amazing things you see. Hunt for planets such as Jupiter, Saturn and, in the early morning, Venus. Uranus and even the Andromeda galaxy  may be seen with some help from a telescope. The end of the month will also bring another supermoon. Take advantage of the easy shapes and draw out all you spy in your journal.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back