Logging It All

  A couple years back, I tried keeping track of my steps in my journal in an effort to motivate myself to exercise more. Relying on my phone wasn't all that successful since it wasn't always on me. I tried just keeping track of days I walked but life got in the way. Seeing my failure on paper did nothing but discourage me. I would leave little notes of explanation on the side like "rain" or "appointments all day". Last summer, I tried a new approach. Instead of journaling steps, I wrote down all the places I'd been. The list included not just parks and trails but also neighborhood roads and open air shopping complexes. The page quickly filled and it reminded me that I had in fact gotten out and walked around more than I had all winter. I became excited to add a new spot to the list and it prompted me to search out more. I have already started this year's page and I am looking forward to filling it up. However you prefer to galvanize yourself, make a page today highlighting all the steps you're taking each and every day.

5 Ways to Log Your Steps...

1- Record the daily number off your phone or Fitbit

2- Mark off each day you take a walk

3- Write down all the places you've been walking

4- Add a fun icon to your page every time you walk

5- Draw the miles on a map (real or fantasy)    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back