Inspiration Lists

January is a good month to do a little advanced planning. Sometimes I find it difficult to decide what to do in the moment. For instance, I'll feel like trying a new food but can't think of anything to cook. That's when an inspiration list becomes helpful. It's a page full of ideas for different moods that I can access when I need. I usually make several sections in my journal and fill them in as I read an article or hear people discuss a place they've been. Then, I can just pick one out of the journal when I find myself facing indecision. It's also nice not to have to spend time researching when I want to take action. One word of caution though, keep it simple. You will not want a long list of things that are difficult to do, far away, or expensive. I have made that mistake in the past and it turned into a depressing accounting of things I never accomplished.  Try to fill it with activities that you can do on your own in an afternoon. That way if you look back and find you've done nothing on the list, you can tackle one that day. Here are a few inspiration lists you might like to add in your journal.

When I...

1- Feel like being outside

2- Making something crafty

3- Cooking/ Baking

4- Fixing up my living space

5- Doing something for myself

6- Eating out

7- Going on an adventure

8- Taking photos

9- Seeing new sites

10- Learning something new


May you fill several pages with ways to relish simple joys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back