Using What We Have

 Celebrating Earth Day last week inspired me. What could I create with the items around my home?  My recycling bin is often overflowing with cardboard, glass jars, and paper. Surely I could find new life for some of these objects before dumping them in the bin. The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of making a list in my journal. I could not only make a page about ideas but also note completed projects. Ultimately, I combined the two. I made a list of things I might try to make and, when I finished one, I checked it off. So far, I've converted a jar into a holiday decoration and weaved a basket from a few paper bags. The results aren't always that great but it more about the process. The more we try, the better we become. I've made plans for many more reuses and I am looking forward to see how they turn out. Challenging myself not to spend any money is a fantastic mood boost too. It's fun to imagine all the possibilities.


Some Ideas for You...

            1- Pencil Holder 

            2- T-shirt Market Bag

            3- Bookmark

            4- Junk Journal

            5- Magazine/File Box

            6- Vase

            7- Storage Bin

            8-  Bean Bags

            9- Watering "can"

            10 - Decorative items (banners, garland, flowers)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back