What is it?

     I have enjoyed all sorts of journaling in the past. My tween years were chronicled in a lovely rainbow diary. College notebooks contained doodles a plenty. My calendars were adorned with drawings and quotes to compliment a mood or season. I had pages and pages of different lists. Then, the pandemic hit. Everything was thrown to the wind. My dinners couldn't be planned days in advance when I didn't know what was available at the store. Everything on my calendar was canceled. My mood tracker was one solid color of stressed.

    I began to reevaluate how I wanted to keep track of things. As one day slipped into another, I found that I wanted to remember more of the little moments, find joy in the everyday and not worry about next month. That is when I decided to start an inconsequential journal. Nothing in it was a wellness plan, to do list, or bill paying schedule. This journal was simply for fun. As time went on, I discovered that I love this type of journaling far more than any others I'd tried. I found myself writing in it several times throughout the day as a way to take a minute for myself, to reset and clear my head. 

    Looking back at those pages now, I see what inspired me during a difficult time. I recorded memories of family hikes, new recipes made together and movie nights on the couch. I noticed little things more like flowers in my neighbor's yard or constellations in the sky. I don't want to go back to my old format. This is the journaling I am embracing now and I'd like to share these thoughts with you.

This blog is going to give you lots of ideas of how you might wish to fill your journal with things of little consequence too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back