Observing Nature at Home

     I really enjoy the outdoors. A fun afternoon might include a hike, visit to the zoo or picnic in the park. However, one of my main goals with inconsequential journaling is to find something that stands out every day not just on a weekend excursion. That does not happen all by itself. Sometimes you have to create those moments. This led me to rediscover my own yard. A lot more happens there then you might imagine. I started by making a check list of common animals in the area that I thought I might see. Not only did I spy everything on the list, but I also added to it. My yard has been better for animal viewing than any hike I've taken. Our neighborhood is apparently home to not just chipmunks and robins. I saw a fox, deer, and flock of turkeys. Even if you don't share these circumstances, you'll have plenty to note. Check out the parking lots and common areas near your home. If you live in the city, I encourage you to examine the sky. What type of clouds do you see? What color was the sunset? Make your observations fit your life and what you enjoy.

Eight things in nature to record...


        1- Clouds

        2- Constellations

        3- Animals in your environment

        4- Flowers

        5- Trees

        6- Bugs and Butterflies

        7- Sunrises and Sunsets

        8- Weather

This is one of my favorite categories because it is so satisfying to complete a page or list. I am always surprised at how much there is to see. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back