It's All About the Food

     Fall is the time of year when I rediscover my interest in cooking. The heat of the summer has finally gone and soup finds it way back on the menu. Dishes that were unthinkable in July are happily consumed again. But, like the rest of you, I get sick of the same rotations and turn to the internet for inspiration. Recipes of all sorts abound. With so much to chose from, I sometimes forget what I tried or how much my family enjoyed it. So, I added a section to my inconsequential journal. On each page I write out the recipe then rate it. I set up a system to record difficulty of preparation, expense, and finally reception.  Most of my attempts fall somewhere in the middle. However, I have stumbled upon a few hits that I am glad I took the time to write down. Later on, I expanded a bit to include sections for holidays and special occasions too. This is not to suggest that it has become a sort of cook book section of my journal.  I think of it more as a recording of experiments rather than a major resource. Still, I enjoy looking back at it and recreating the successes. If you're more of a cook and enjoy creating these pages, you might discover that you have enough content for a designated journal.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'd Rather Not

In Case You Ever Look Back

Give Yourself a Pat on the Back